Tuesday, January 8, 2008

National History Day Topic

January 3, 2008                                                                     Vondell Saunders

Essay about NHD

This year for National History Day I will be focusing on racial issues in Philadelphia during the 1800’s before the civil war. One of the most important issues in the 1800’s dealing with race issues im focusing on would be the rioting. There were many riots that took place during that time period. I will be focusing on the major riots happening in Philadelphia in 1834.
I chose this topic because it was interesting to me about the riots that took place. Even though slavery was abolished there was still anger about it being abolished. It will be interesting to learn about what my ancestors did and had to go through. I wasn’t aware there were racial issues in the city of so call brotherly love.
I think by doing this project I will learn about the racial history in Philadelphia. Many think that just because this is the city of brotherly love there was always peace and equality. Doing this project I hope to differ that though roaming in most of black Americas minds. I want to bring the truth out of what realy happened in the early and mid 1800’s in the streets of Philadelphia

No comments: